In 2009, a contingency of 14 parents from Korat visited Adventist International Mission School (AIMS) in Muaklek, Saraburi. The purpose of the visit was to examine the school, its mission, and goals. Subsequent to the visit 4 families enrolled their children in AIMS-Muaklek. However, distance from Korat to Muaklek (103 km) prevented other families from enrolling their children in AIMS Muaklek. Parents from Korat eventually requested the Southeast Asia Union Mission Board of Directors to open an Adventist International Mission School in Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) in which the request was approved. Sixteen students were enrolled in its first year of operation. In 2015, AIMS-Korat was owned and managed by the Thailand Adventist Mission (TAM). The school’s international license for Grades 1-3 was in 2009, grades K1-3 in 2010, grades 4-6 in 2011, grades 7-9 in 2015, and grades 10-12 in 2018. In 2017, the school was accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) has awarded Adventist International Mission School (AIMS) a 6-year term of accreditation.
Our vision is to nurture spirit-filled, lifelong learners, equipped with Christ-like characters who are catalysts for change and dedicated to exemplary service.
The primary emphasis of Adventist International Mission School is to provide an ethos in which the Holy Spirit can process and imprint the image of God in each child, and to provide a balanced educational program that promotes academic excellence and the wholesome development of a child.
Adventist International Mission School-Korat (AIMS-Korat) provides a program of education for students predicated on the belief that each student is unique and of inestimable value. These students are educated to accept service as a way of life and to be sensitive to the needs of people in the home and in society. Christian teachers are dedicated to encouraging students to become responsible individuals who respect God, appreciate cultural diversity, and who value themselves as created beings.
The school endeavors to provide a learning experience that will enhance the student’s previous learning, develop natural talents, and:
- Promote the desire to achieve academic excellence
- Encourage a wholesome respect and attitude for each unit of society – home, church, school, and government
- Develop physical skills
- Develop effective communication skills
- Inculcate and practice Christian values
- Enhance artistic skills
The Adventist International Mission School’s educational philosophy maintains that:
- True education concerns the wholesome development of a child
- True education prepares not only for life on earth but also for eternity
Central to this philosophy are the convictions that:
- Each child is of immeasurable value and is precious to God
- God is personally interested in the harmonious and holistic development of those human dimensions that are a reflection of His “image” in each child
- Teaching is a sacred calling to collaborate with God in educating each child
This philosophy is grounded in the following perspectives:
- An understanding of the nature of reality as a created universe
- A recognition of a Creator God who sustains the universe and who is the ultimate source of knowledge, wisdom and understanding
- An acceptance of the Holy Bible as an inspired revelation of God’s will